Saturday, November 19, 2011

Black, White, and Red Wedding Cake

An old friend asked me to make her wedding cake. I always get a little nervous when people ask about wedding cakes because there is still so much I don't know how to. Like fancier flowers, airbrushing, and painting. But when she sent me a picture of what she wanted, I fell in love with it! It had a feel to it that said, "Whimsy gets glam."
I had a plan on how I was going to prepare for it. You know, make roses on Tuesday night, make other flowers on Wednesday night, etc. Minor hitch in those plans. I sprained my ankle on Tuesday. UGH. I was in too much pain Tuesday and Wednesday to even think about walking around to get my supplies and start. =\ Anyway, I changed my plans (when do plans ever work out?) and still got it done.

By the way, this bride was a cake decorator's DREAM. She gave me her ideas, listened to my input, and then trusted my creativity. =)

Enough talking. On with the cake.


Top and bottom tiers are chocolate pumpkin with cream cheese filling. Middle tier is classic white with vanilla buttercream.



When I piped on the little red dots in the center of the flowers, it definitely felt complete. I am quite proud of this cake. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment