Saturday, November 12, 2011

LOVEly Dry Erase Board

Another project inspired by something I found on Pinterest.

A wonderful coworker had a baby shower today and it gave me a reason to finally make this. I was so excited! This is a dry erase board that can be updated as often as you'd like.


Supplies



1. One sheet of 12x12 paper. Not too dark or with a busy pattern. The more simple it is, the easier it will be to read on it.
2. One sheet of 12x12 paper with cut-outs. Mine had cut-outs just on the edges.
3. Letter stickers.
4. Pen or pencil.
5. Pen or marker in a color that coordinates with your paper.
6. Scissors.
7. 12x12 picture frame with a dark frame.
8. Dry erase marker.

Step One

Turn over the paper with the cut-outs and draw on the backside the shape you want to cut-out.


Cut on the line. Then, turn it over and do any touch-ups that may be needed. You know, evening out curves, getting rid of points, things like that.


Step Two

Put the cut-out paper on top of the other paper. This will help you find where the center will be.

Now, place the stickers where you want them. I always start with the letter that will be in the middle and work my way out in both directions. It helps me keep a straight line and center the word.


Now, draw a straight line that will guide you where to write on the finished project.



Step Three

Try putting it in the frame. If it doesn't fit well, trim of just a smidge off of two sides. Do this until it fits perfectly. Once you have it figure out, put it all in. And there you have it!



Now you just write on the glass with a dry erase marker and wipe it off when you want to change it.

I often see projects like this with white or other light-colored frames, but I would definitely use a dark frame so the marker doesn't dirty it up. That wouldn't be too pretty. =\

I am very happy with how this turned out. My coworker said she likes things that are "shabby chic,' so I thought the colors (dusty rose and beige) would work well for her. But it would be easy to change up the colors or theme. Let your creative loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment